Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Review: On the Fence by Kasie West

On the Fence On the Fence by Kasie West
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

For sixteen-year-old Charlotte Reynolds, aka Charlie, being raised by a single dad and three older brothers has its perks. She can outrun, outscore, and outwit every boy she knows—including her longtime neighbor and honorary fourth brother, Braden. But when it comes to being a girl, Charlie doesn't know the first thing about anything. So when she starts working at chichi boutique to pay off a speeding ticket, she finds herself in a strange new world of makeup, lacy skirts, and BeDazzlers. Even stranger, she's spending time with a boy who has never seen her tear it up in a pickup game.

To cope with the stress of faking her way through this new reality, Charlie seeks late-night refuge in her backyard, talking out her problems with Braden by the fence that separates them. But their Fence Chats can't solve Charlie's biggest problem: she's falling for Braden. Hard. She knows what it means to go for the win, but if spilling her secret means losing him for good, the stakes just got too high.



What I think:

Maybe this books is a typical predictable Y/A romance novel. But I can't deny I'm a sucker for this kind of stories. Every once in a while I need a book like this, that I can read in one go without putting it down, that is easy to read and just cute and fluffy, to warm my heart and make me happy. This book doesn't ask a lot of thinking from you, you just sit down, read it and enjoy the cute romance. Kasie West does this so well and I simply need books like this to get a break after reading books or series with loads of different characters and developments and complicated storylines.
I like the characters in this book and I like the message it tries to send younger readers.
Keep it up Kasie, you do this like no other, the world needs more of your books!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment